EDI stands for Electronic Data Interchange
Companies that do business with each other are called trading partners. EDI is used to exchange business documents in electronic format between these partners. For example, these documents include purchase orders, invoices, ASNs, BOL and more.
These standards are also called communications protocols. Also, there are several different versions for each standard. In fact, businesses must agree on the standard and version before exchanging EDI documents.
What are the Benefits of EDI?
EDI translator software is used to solve a variety of industry-specific issues. From Retail and Healthcare to Automotive, EDI has evolved to address complicated challenges.
It helps companies meet industry, government and customer requirements. Plus, companies using EDI realize significant cost savings, faster order processing and increased customer satisfaction, over paper processing methods.
With flexible deployment options, managed services, and easy-to-use supplier web portals, solutions abound. Is your customer asking you to use EDI? Or have you heard of it but aren’t sure how it would benefit your business?
Radley has completed successful EDI implementations in many industries for customers around the world. Let us put our 40 years’ experience to work for you! Are you wondering ‘What is EDI?’ To learn more about how it can work for you, request a free consultation today.
Why Choose a Single Provider For All Your EDI Services?
Why is this a problem?
What’s the solution?
Benefits of Radley EDI
- Flexible deployment options: on-premise, on-demand on any cloud
- Managed Services decrease the need for IT resources.
- iR*EDI Mapper, a web-based EDI translator tool. Built-in reusable components that simplify the mapping process.
- VAN Services for exchanging EDI documents with your trading partners. Real-time delivery of all your EDI and Non-EDI data.
- Reduce inventories and shrink order fulfillment cycle times with supplier online collaboration.
- Integration between to your ERP or business system. Complete visibility and EDI integration to process and manage your transactions.
- Receive real-time alerts and notifications for communication failures or build errors.
Shipper Maintenance in Radley's iCARaS EDI software will maintain all shipments until moved to Shipping History using the Daily Shipping Report with the purge option selected. Maintaining shippers in Shipper Maintenance for years can result in losing the ability to...
How is EDI used by businesses? Businesses today rely upon fast transactions between trading partners. For example, getting product components or supplies to keep their business running. A warehouse needs to keep its inventory accurate. A car factory needs bolts, metal...
What might it look like if EDI and RFID were to collaborate, and further improve a manufacturer’s operations?
Here are a few issues that signal it may be time to replace your EDI system.
A common issue reported by our Radley EDI users is that their web browser says they cannot log into iR*EDI or iCARaS. This is almost always the result of one of two things that can be resolved quickly.
Radley’s EDI & Label solution, iCARaS™ is included in the Honda Approved Vendors list that is published for their suppliers.
Contact Us Today!
Talk to a Product Specialist to learn how Radley can help you.